Inspired by the Robert Wood Johnson Generalist Physician initiative in the late 1990s the Division of Community-Based Education was formally established in 2001 as an extension of the Office of Undergraduate Medical Education (OUME). Under the leadership of Director, Robert A. Baldor, MD, Professor of Family Medicine and Community Health, the Division serves as the primary contact and advocate for the University of Massachusetts Medical School (UMMS) faculty who practice at affiliated community hospitals and offices across the Commonwealth.
Project Highlights Include
- Open channels of communication.
- Advocacy for community-based faculty.
- Assessment of the needs of community-based faculty.
- Assisting preceptors in obtaining faculty appointments.
- Facilitating community-based outreach and programming.