Online Welcome Kit
Congratulations on your new position at UMass Medical School! Starting a new endeavor is very exciting, and we would like to personally welcome you to the University as you are getting ready to begin your new role.
Below is the Table of Contents for our Welcome Kit**. Please click below to access the different Welcome Kit sections to learn more of the inside workings at UMMS!
- Use your own Login, Email and Password. These trainings are being tracked.
- Use your own Login, Email and Password. These trainings are being tracked. (This training is required for all volunteers and learners working in a lab setting)
- Our Mission
- Chancellor's Senior Leadership Team
- Meet Our Employees
- A Career at UMMS
- Latest UMMS Media News (UMassMedNow)
- Onboard at UMMS Website
You are required to watch the “Online Orientation Presentation”. The Orientation reviews our mission, history, organizational structure, policies and much more! The Orientation presentation is an estimated 9 minutes in length.
The “Online Orientation Presentation” link was emailed to you as part of your Welcome Cover Letter. We have also included the link above as a section of our "Welcome Kit". A part of the online Orientation is a link to access the “Lab Safety Presentation”. If you are working in a lab setting, you are required to watch an additional online self-paced training Lab Safety presentation as indicated above (click the link above). Please see footnote below for more details.*
We look forward to seeing you on campus! Thank you.
UMass Medical School Orientation Team
* Lab Safety Presentation - The Lab Safety Training is a 35-slide presentation promoting safe practices in the laboratory setting that is 25 minutes in length. Only volunteers and learners who are working in a lab setting are required to watch this section. It is our responsibility at UMass Medical School to make sure that if you are working in a lab, you watch this video. If you have any questions regarding the Lab Safety Training, please contact [email protected] or x 6-6723.
**Also, medical interns and residents should refer to the Graduate Medical Education staff for information because some of the information on this Onboarding Webstie may not apply.