Thought for the Day
“...to have a crisis and act upon it is one thing. To dwell in perpetual crisis is another.” -Barbara Grizzuti Harrison
Life is challenging at times and can present unexpected crises. How do we handle ourselves in crisis? Do we jump into action to resolve or lessen the impact or do we dwell, get stuck, and never recover? We must take action in our lives, with whatever is presented, and know that challenges and crises are temporary. In moments of crisis, turn to what gives you strength and comfort and stay focused on a positive outcome...this can be the greatest action.
Today, whatever comes, act and move forward.
To receive a weekly Thought for the Day email, click here.
Free anonymous screening is available for depression, alcohol abuse, bipolar disorder, eating disorders, generalized anxiety disorder, posttraumatic stress disorder and adolescent depression.
to start a free anonymous screening now.
News You Can Use
- MBSR: Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction - Live and online - Spring Session begins week of April 22
- MBCT: Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy - Live and online - Spring Session begins week of April 22
- - May 11, 2019
- - ongoing
- Navigating School and Work with a Serious Mental Health Condition - Free Online Webinar
- Mindful Eating - weekly classes with rolling admissions, join any time
- Unwinding Anxiety - weekly classes with rolling admissions, join any time
- Mindfulness Practice Opportunities
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Program (MBSR)